Wednesday, July 25, 2018

How Can I Get My Dog to Stop Ripping Out the Grass?

Digging at and tearing up grass is a common problem for dog owners who let their dogs loose in the yard unattended. When left to his own devices, a dog will likely find something to do that does not necessarily match up with what you wish he would. If you are experiencing a problem with a digging dog, there are a few ways to knock out the problem.

Instructions

    1

    Put a sprinkler head next to the area in which your dog usually digs. When you see your dog start digging, turn the sprinkler on. This will discourage the dog from digging in that spot. It also has an added bonus of correcting the dog without associating you with the correction.

    2

    Exercise your dog. One primary cause of digging is too much energy -- a dog that is too tired to dig will cause much less damage to your yard. Take your dog for daily walks or runs and be sure to get them to a park occasionally so they can run some of that energy out.

    3

    Create a designated digging area. "...Lots of individuals assume the reason is crucial to get dog training tips earlier to acquiring their pets. Some individuals could find this interesting but a lot of people may recognize that this is a really good tip to follow. The issue with some pet owners is they will get a dog and then find out that they are simply not suitable to be aware of them. Eventually, they would depart their pets in order to retrieve their past lives. These dog training tips can let people realize what they need to consider and if they have the time to educate their dogs. These tips may be found on Secrets To Dog Training. By taking the time to carry out proper dog training, you will take pleasure in a lifetime of peaceful friendship with your ".... You can do this by putting a special box of soft dirt somewhere in your yard and hiding bones and treats there. If the dog is rewarded for digging in one place, they will usually leave the rest of the yard alone.

    4

    Monitor your dog while he or she is playing in the yard. Boredom is a major cause of digging and your dog will be more likely to misbehave if you are not around. Try not to leave your dog in the yard unattended for more than a few minutes at a time.


  • How Do I Stop My Dog Peeing in the House? Here's How!

    ezinearticles.com/?How-Do-I-Stop-My-Dog-Peeing-in-the-House?-Heres...

    Mar 15, 2009 If you're asking yourself the question "how do I stop my dog peeing in the house?" then this article was written for you. Specifically, we're going to talk ...


  • How Can I Keep Stray Cats Out of My Yard? (with pictures)

    www.wisegeek.org/how-can-i-keep-stray-cats-out-of-my-yard.htm

    Several plants are good for keeping stray cats out of the yard, and many say that an automatic sprinkler works well. If stray cats...


  • How can I stop my dogs from stripping our tree? And how can I

    ask.metafilter.com/10993/How-can-I-stop-my-dogs-from-stripping-our...

    Oct 16, 2004 How can I keep my dogs from pulling large strips of bark off our tree, and how can I keep said tree from dying now that it's missing much of it's bark?


  • My Dog Got Hit By A Car. What do I do? - Dorsi on HubPages

    dorsi.hubpages.com First Aid for Animals

    My dog Karma got hit by a car last night, and it was one of the most traumatic things I've ever experienced. Karma, our border collie pup, slipped out last night when ...


  • How do I stop my dogs digging digging up my lawn? - Yahoo! UK ...

    uk.answers.yahoo.com All Categories Pets DogsLast updated: Aug 03, 2006 32 posts First post: Aug 02, 2006

    Aug 02, 2006 Best Answer: I had this problem with both of my dogs.... and, sadly, there really is not a ton you can do about it. I read a book that said dogs dig out of ...


  • How Can I Stop Worrying About My Relationship? - Calm Down

    www.calmdownmind.com/how-can-i-stop-worrying-about-my-relationship

    This was a query from one of the readers. Ive been with my boyfriend for two and a half years. We have a great relationship but I constantly worry that something ...


  • CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

    www.cnn.com/videoVideo Justice Politics U.S World

    If you get CNN at home, you can watch it online and on the go for no additional charge.


  • How can I stop neighborhood kids from walking through my yard ...

    hotpads.com/answers/question/590

    I HAD the same problem . . . . That is until I started holding conversations with the kids who would use my lawn as a short cut. Initially, it was just a few 'hellos ...


  • My dog is sneezing too much....is this normal? Does dog get... -

    www.faqs.org/qa/qa-726.html

    My dog is sneezing too much....is this normal? Does dog get... << Back to: rec.pets.dogs: Canine Allergies FAQ

0 comments:

Post a Comment