Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Dog Behavior: Peeing in the Bed

There are a number of reasons why a dog may inappropriately pee in his owner's bed. Identifying the reasons for the bad behavior is the first step in eliminating it.

Territory

    Dogs may pee in their owner's bed as a way of marking their territory. "...Most people believe that it is essential to get dog training tips prior to having their pets. Some individuals might find this interesting but a lot of people could recognize that this is a excellent tip to follow. The condition with some pet owners is they will get a dog and then find out that they are simply not suitable to be cautious of them. Ultimately, they could get away from their pets in order to retrieve their past lives. These dog training tips can let people know what they need to consider and if they have the time to teach their dogs. These suggestions will be found on Secrets To Dog Training. By taking the time to execute appropriate dog training, you will take pleasure in a lifetime of peaceful a relationship with your ".... Some dogs will mark the perimeters of their yards, while other more timid dogs only feel secure in marking their owner's belongings, which can include the bed.

New Objects

    Dogs will also mark new objects to signify that it is included in their territory. If the mattress, bed frame, sheets or comforter are new, the dog may pee on them to alert any other animals in the house or neighborhood that the bed is part of his territory.

Urinary Tract Issue

    A dog may pee in the owner's bed if he has a medical issue related to urinating, such as a urinary tract infection. If the dog sleeps in the owner's bed, an infection may make holding his water too difficult.

Age

    Older dogs may have difficulty getting in and out of the bed in the mornings, so they can be prone to accidents in that bed. Give older dogs their own bed on the floor to prevent this.

Further Prevention

    Dogs that mark beds as part of their established or new territory are doing so because their humans have not established leadership effectively, so the dog feels responsible for protecting the home. Keep the dog off the bed, especially at night, so he does not feel equal to you.


  • older dog peeing in the house - Dogs - MedHelp

    www.medhelp.org/posts/Dogs/older-dog-peeing-in-the-house/show/522729

    My dog peed in our house twice today. I was surprised because he'll usually bark at me and go to the door to go outside. I'm wondering if this is a sign of old age?


  • Ask A Dog Trainer: Why Does My Dog Pee on My Bed?

    askadogtrainer.blogspot.com/2009/12/why-does-my...

    Dec 20, 2009 One thing I've heard from quite a few clients is that their puppy will pee in their bed. Honestly, a few occasions it hasn't even been a puppy


  • Dog Bed Works - The Dog Bed Company 15% Off Sale

    www.dogbedworks.com

    Dog Bed Works: Dog Beds? Pet Beds? From Large dog beds to small Dog Bed works, all factory direct has pet beds & dog beds in a variety of decorator, designer and ...


  • How to Stop Your Dog From Peeing In The House eHow

    www.ehow.com Pets Dogs Dog Training

    Owning a dog is a responsibility and making sure your dog does not pee in the house is essential. It is not fun cleaning up after your pet. If you haven't already ...


  • Help me train my dog to stop peeing in the house - Pet forum for ...

    www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=9919

    Dog training - dog behavior ... My dog is 4 years old and is really good about not peeing in the house except in my ... No one can help you but yourself but we can ...


  • How do I stop my dog from peeing in the house?

    www.squidoo.com Pets & Animals Dogs Dog Training

    Does it feel as if you're not getting through to your dog? I felt the same way when I thought I would never get my dog to stop peeing in the house. I tried everything ...


  • How Do I Stop My Dog Peeing in the House? Here's How!

    ezinearticles.com/?How-Do-I-Stop-My-Dog-Peeing-in-the-House?-Heres...

    Mar 15, 2009 If you're asking yourself the question "how do I stop my dog peeing in the house?" then this article was written for you. Specifically, we're going to talk ...


  • My Dog Won't Stop Peeing in the House eHow

    www.ehow.com Pets Dogs Dog Training

    Sometimes, a house-trained dog will urinate inside even though it knows better. This can be frustrating, especially since you already spent time training the dog when ...


  • Sleep Behavior of Dogs - Page 1 - Pet Place - Pet Care - Pet

    www.petplace.com/dogs/sleep-behavior-of-dogs/page1.aspx

    There's no doubt about it: dogs sure know how to sleep. The amount of time spent napping varies from dog to dog and depends on the dog's age and personality.


  • Stop Dog Urine Marking - Tips to Stop Dog Peeing in the House

    www.dogchatforum.com/dog-marking-inside.htm

    Reasons why dogs mark urine inside the house & tips on how to prevent urine marking behavior in your home


  • Adam's Dog Training and Dog Behavior - Adam reveals which dog ...

    www.dogproblems.com

    Adam reveals which dog training techniques, methods and dog training approaches are most effective for obedience training a dog

  • Behavior FAQ <> DIAMONDS IN THE RUFF <>

    www.diamondsintheruff.com/behavior.html

    Some helpful tips to make living with your dog more enjoyable! [see reprint policy below]

  • Why Your / My Dog Keeps Peeing in the Same One Room of

    smartandfun.hubpages.com Dogs and Dog Breeds Dog Behavior

    Why Your / My Dog Keeps Peeing in the Same One Room of Your House Over and Over and How to Get it to Stop

  • Behavior Changes & Problems in Older (Senior, Geriatric) Dogs

    www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2110&aid=616

    Common behavior changes and problems seen in older dogs include housesoiling, changes in sleeping habits, and cognitive dysfunction.

  • Old Dog Peeing in House ThriftyFun - ThriftyFun Great Ideas ...

    www.thriftyfun.com/tf50950852

    Our dog has started peeing inside, she doesn't know she is doing it. She is a 10 year old cross Jack Russell.

  • Bad Behavior/Good Dog

    badbehaviorgooddog.blogspot.com

    This blog was created by Canine Behavior Consultant, Julie Anderson. This site will give tips and resources to help dog owners effectively communicate with their ...

  • Why is my dog pooping and peeing in the house all of a sudden ...

    www.askmehelpdesk.com Home & Garden Pets & Animals Dogs

    After 6 years my male, fixed, brittany spaniel has never had an accident, even as a puppy. This past weekend we had went away, leaving him alone. He

  • Stop a Dog From Peeing in the House For No Reason

    ezinearticles.com/?Stop-a-Dog-From-Peeing-in-the-House-For-No...

    Mar 03, 2010 Having trouble with your dog peeing in house for no reason? If so then you will want try to stop this behavior rather quickly so that you can get your ...

  • Dog peeing in front of me (indoors)...on purpose? - Puppy & Dog

    www.dogforums.com/dog-training-forum/21858-dog-peeing-front-me.html

    So this morning I took my dog out as usual, expecting him to pee and poop (same as every morning). When he's done, he usually pulls me towards the

  • Why Does My Dog Pee on the Bed? - Fancy Dog beds

    www.fancydogbeds.com/why.shtml

    Why Does My Dog Pee on the Bed? Many dog owners relate the story of how their beloved pet peed on their bed. A popular explanation is that the dog was doing spite ...

  • Dog Training: Peeing in the Crate, separation problems,

    en.allexperts.com/q/Dog-Training-3333/Peeing-Crate.htm

    separation problems, separation problem, brisk walk: Dear Ashley Thank you for your question. Your dog is showing signs of separation problems, and the behaviours ...

  • Yahoo! Answers - Why is My dog all of the sudden peeing on my bed

    sg.answers.yahoo.com All Categories Pets DogsLast updated: Aug 17, 2006 11 posts First post: Aug 17, 2006

    Aug 17, 2006 Best Answer: Dogs are very good about getting us to notice a problem. My dog started peeing all over the house in front of me (never did this before) I ...

  • How do I stop my dog from peeing and pooing on the deck?

    www.dogster.com/answers/question/how_do_i_stop_my_dog_from_peeing...

    Answers to: How do I stop my dog from peeing and pooing on the deck?

0 comments:

Post a Comment