Saturday, June 16, 2018

How to Stop My Chihuahua From Growling at My Husband

When a chihuahua growls, it's trying to tell you something. The dog may be in pain, frightened or stressed. Dogs become frightened of people for a variety of reasons. Your dog may fear your husband because he reminds the animal of abuse or another traumatic event. On the other hand, dogs growl to show dominance over other members of the pack. If the husband is new, the dog may be asserting its alpha rank. Don't compound the problem by punishing the dog for his fear. Instead, work to restore the animal's sense of calm.

Instructions

    1

    Cut the treats into small, pea-sized pieces. Choose especially tasty treats such as bite-sized bits of chicken or beef, or any treat that your dog goes wild for.

    2

    Put the leash on the dog. Lead the dog to a place where it can see your husband, but with your husband far enough away that the dog doesn't react. Give the dog treats every few moments while your husband is in sight.

    3

    Walk away from your husband. As soon as your husband is out of sight, stop the treats.

    4

    Lead the dog back to where it can see your husband. As long as the dog isn't growling, give the dog treats. Walk away and stop the treats. Repeat this process every day for a week, until the dog starts to associate seeing your husband with getting treats. Every day bring your dog closer to your husband, so that it learns that when it sees your husband but doesn't growl, it gets treats.

    5

    Exert your dominance over the dog even when you are not working with your husband. Give the dog affection when you wish, not when the dog demands it. Keep the dog off furniture intended for people, such as the sofa and bed. Instead, give the dog treats when it is on the floor or in its crate or dog bed and it is quiet.



  • Aggressive Puppy Stop Puppy Biting How To Train a Puppy

    www.aggressive-dog-training.com/aggressive-puppy.html

    Easily stop aggressive puppy behavior like puppy biting, puppy nipping, and puppy barking before it's too late by utilizine these aggressive dog training techniques.


  • How to Prevent a Stomach From Growling eHow

    www.ehow.com Conditions & Treatments Medical Conditions

    It may seem that your stomach chooses to growl at the worst possible times: In a quiet church or in a business meeting, or even in the quiet doctor's office. Without ...


  • How to Train a Chihuahua Dog Training

    www.dogbehavioronline.com/how-to-train-a-chihuahua

    Since Chihuahuas have strong pack mentality, owners must take the alpha role. Chihuahuas are relatively difficult to train but they will be impossible to train if the ...


  • How do you stop your dog from growling - The Q&A wiki

    wiki.answers.com Land Mammals Dogs (Canines) Dog Training

    There are two kinds of growling: play growling and 'I mean it' growling. Play growling can safely be ignored. 'I mean it' growling should be taken seriously and ...


  • Stop Puppy Biting Learn How to Easily Solve Puppy Biting

    www.stop-puppy-biting.com

    Learn how to stop a puppy biting problems. Stop these early signs of puppy aggression, growling, biting, nipping, barking, and much more.


  • Chihuahua Barking - How To Get Your Chihuahua To Stop Barking

    ezinearticles.com/?Chihuahua-Barking---How-To-Get-Your-Chihuahua...

    Mar 26, 2008 How to get your chihuahua to stop barking? Chihuahuas may be the smallest breed, but they are blessed with mountains of energy and affection. Excess ...


  • How to Make My Stomach Stop Growling eHow

    www.ehow.com Health Family Health General Family Health

    Everyone's stomach growls at some point or another, and it's usually nothing to be concerned about. The stomach and intestines can make noise before, during and after ...


  • How To Stop Your Dog From Barking, Growling, Howling, And

    ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Stop-Your-Dog-From-Barking,-Growling...

    Feb 28, 2008 Do you have a noisy dog? Want to fix the problem? First you need to find the cause of the noise, and then look at ways to fix the issue. This article ...


  • Stop Dog Growling - Puppy Behavior Problems

    www.puppybehaviorproblems.com/guranteed-to

    Want to know how to stop dog growling? Is your dog a constant growler? Learn these simple tips to stop annoying dog growling here!


  • Victoria Stilwell: How to Deal with Out-of-Control Barking The Bark

    thebark.com/content/victoria-stilwell-how-deal-out-control-barking

    Youve no doubt seen Victoria Stilwell in action on Its Me or the Dog, where, using positive reinforcement, she shows wayward pups and their sometimes equally ...


  • Why Does My Dog Growl at Me? Content for Reprint

    www.content4reprint.com/pets/why-does-my-dog-growl-at-me.htm

    Why Does My Dog Growl at Me? Guarding is an instinctual behavior for dogs. It is useful to us when they warn strangers who intrude on their (and our) territory.


  • At What Age Do Chihuahuas Stop Growing? - Blurtit

    www.blurtit.com Dogs

    Answer (1 of 24): The average Chihuahua stops growing between 6 months and one year after birth. This varies between individual dogs as each has growth spurts at ...


  • Cat FAQ: How do I stop my cat from biting me?

    cat.lifetips.com/faq/4799/0/how-do-i-stop-my-cat-from-biting-me/...

    Stop the biting. I am a firm believer in understanding a behavior, before I try to alter it. If your kitten is biting, understand why-first-before you try to stop her.


  • How can I keep my dog from urinating on my bed? - Dogs Dogster

    www.dogster.com/answers/question/how_can_i_keep_my_dog_from...

    Answers to: How can I keep my dog from urinating on my bed?

  • my stomach won't stop growling Intestinal Problems & Bowel ...

    www.steadyhealth.com Intestinal Problems & Bowel Movements

    Jan 13, 2007 my stomach growls a lot and after a while it can get really loud and the growls long. this can get really emabarassing in public. is here any way to stop ...

  • ANSWERED: How can I get my dog to stop biting me? Funadvice

    www.funadvice.com/q/my_dog_2655

    How to I get my dog to stop biting me? I play with her all the time, do you think that's the problem? and If you bite your dog on the ear will they listen to you?

  • Why does my dog get so excited to see my husband, follows him ...

    www.answerbag.com Questions

    Why does my dog get so excited to see my husband, follows him around, tail wagging like crazy, and I get just a look from her bed, maybe a wag . I feed her, walk her ...

  • Pets Articles - Find Pets Related Articles on ArticlesBase.com

    www.articlesbase.com Home and Family

    Find Pets articles at ArticlesBase.com a free articles directory. Submit your articles for free distribution and find Pets content for your website, Ezine or newsletters.

  • Flatulence Cure - How To Stop Bloating & Flatulence Problems

    flatulencecure.net

    If you are serious about getting rid of excessive gas & flatulence problems, this page was painstakingly built just for you.

  • Dog Obedience Training Tips For Your Dog

    www.thedogtrainingsecret.com/tips

    I understand that the information I provide will be used to send my free dog training videos similar to this ...

  • 5 Tips To Stop Dog Growling - Free Articles Directory Submit ...

    www.articlesbase.com/pets-articles/5-tips-to-stop-dog-growling...

    To make the task of stopping a dog from growling easier, we ought to understand why the dog growls in the first place. Growling is considered to be an assertive ...

  • Dogs 101: Chihuahua - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHX2xul3WEk

    More on the Chihuahua: http://animal.discovery.com/breed-sel... Find Your Perfect Breed: http://animal.discovery.com/breed-sel... More Video: http://animal ...

  • How long does it take a chihuahua puppy to grow to full size

    wiki.answers.com Dog (Canine) Breeds Chihuahuas

    about 8 months for the body , in mind they "grow" until one year old, but the hair is most pretty at the age of 2 mines completely lost puppy fluff at 5 months ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment