Wednesday, May 10, 2017

How Can I Stop My Puppy From Chewing on Her Bed?

Many dog owners are quite familiar with the chewing stage. When puppies are teething, they often chew to alleviate the pain. Aside from teething, puppies can also chew for a variety of reasons, including separation anxiety, boredom, hunger and curiosity. Teaching your puppy not to chew on her dog bed will take time and patience. From monitoring and correcting your dog's behavior to providing her with a variety of stimulating chew toys, you can incorporate a variety of methods to eliminate your puppy's destructive habit. "...Some people assume that it is essential to get dog training tips earlier to having their pets. Some individuals could find this fascinating but a lot of people may concur that this is a excellent tip to follow. The condition with a number of pet owners is they will get a dog and then find out that they may be not suitable to be aware of them. Eventually, they would probably get away from their pets in order to bring back their previous lives. These dog training tips can let people find out what they have to deal with and if they have the time to teach their dogs. These suggestions may be found on Secrets To Dog Training. Through the time to conduct proper dog training, you will delight in a lifetime of relaxed a relationship with your "....

Instructions

Chew Toys

    1

    Purchase chew bones for your puppy. Large pet food stores, including PetSmart and PETCO, offer a variety of safe chew bones, such as Nylabone. Nylabone chew bones are made from natural ingredients and come in a variety of flavors, including chicken, bacon and roast beef. Your puppy will be drawn to the scent of the flavored chew bone.

    2

    Purchase a Kong dog toy, which is designed for dogs that like to chew and is made from an all-natural rubber that is nearly indestructible. After purchasing a Kong, fill the hollow center with a treat, such as peanut butter or dog food, and place it in the freezer. Once the center is frozen, give the Kong to your puppy. Your puppy will be entertained with the frozen treat for hours.

    3

    Purchase a rope chew toy. Rope chew toys are sold in different sizes, and you can purchase a size that works best for your puppy's breed, such as small, medium or large. Certain brands, such as Mammoth Flossy Chews, offer chew ropes that massage gums and clean teeth.

Commands

    4

    Choose a disciplinary word or phrase, such as "Leave it," that you can use to correct your puppy's destructive chewing behavior. You can also use this phrase when you catch your puppy chewing on additional objects that are not her toys.

    5

    Monitor your puppy's behavior. Depending on how often your puppy chews on her bed, you may need to supervise her for a lengthy period of time. Each time you find her chewing on her dog bed, correct her behavior by using your chosen disciplinary word or phrase.

    6

    Give your puppy one of her chew toys when you find her chewing on her bed. She will begin to learn that she is allowed to chew on her toys but is not permitted to chew on other objects.

    7

    Praise your puppy for her good behavior. You want your puppy to succeed, and positive praise will aid in breaking her bad chewing habit. Tell her "good girl" each time and every time she stops chewing. She will learn eventually to ignore objects that are not her toys.

Anti-Chewing Sprays

    8

    Purchase an anti-chewing spray, such as Grannick's Bitter Apple, Nature's Miracle No-Chew or NaturVet Bitter Yuck. The sprays are designed to deter your pets from chewing on themselves as well household objects, including furniture and carpet.

    9

    Spray the product on your puppy's dog bed. If your puppy tries to chew on the bed, she will be left with a very unpleasant taste in her mouth and will refrain from trying to destroy her dog bed.

    10

    Reapply the spray according to the specifications of the product you choose.


  • How to Stop My Dog Barking at Night - mdobo on HubPages

    mdobo.hubpages.com Pets and Animals Dogs and Dog Breeds

    This article gives specific help and advice on how you can stop your dog barking in as little as two days!


  • Why Does My Dog Bite Their Nails and How Do I Make Them Stop ...

    voices.yahoo.com/why-does-dog-bite-their-nails-make-4264797.html

    Sep 16, 2009 Ever since my Basenji was a puppy, she has always chewed her nails. I was not surprised then, since she also chewed on metal when her teeth were coming in.


  • How can we stop my dog chewing his leg? - Yahoo! UK &

    uk.answers.yahoo.com All Categories Pets Dogs

    Sep 03, 2006 Best Answer: Ugh, I have sympathy for you. My dalmation does this. I'll give you a list of things we've tried and that that vet has had us try: Bitter ...


  • How To Stop Puppy Chewing - Complete Puppy Care Guide -

    www.the-puppy-dog-place.com/puppy-chewing.html

    Chewing just comes naturally to your puppy. It helps keep her little teeth clean, exercises her jaws, reduces teething pain and (in her opinion anyway) is just good ...


  • How can I keep my dog from urinating on my bed? - Dogs

    www.dogster.com/answers/question/how_can_i_keep_my_dog_from...

    Answers to: How can I keep my dog from urinating on my bed?


  • HELP!!!! My dog won't stop scratching, licking, and chewing on ...

    www.i-love-dogs.com/forums/dog-questions-answers/28430-help-my-dog...

    It appears you have not yet registered with the DOG Forums. To register please click here...


  • How do I get my puppy to stop peeing in her crate? - dog

    ask.metafilter.com/114388/How-do-I-get-my-puppy-to-stop-peeing-in...

    Feb 16, 2009 Housebreaking is going great...except my puppy keeps peeing in her crate! Help!


  • How Can I Stop Worrying About My Relationship? - Calm Down

    www.calmdownmind.com/how-can-i-stop-worrying-about-my-relationship

    This was a query from one of the readers. Ive been with my boyfriend for two and a half years. We have a great relationship but I constantly worry that something ...


  • How can I stop neighborhood kids from walking through my yard ...

    hotpads.com/answers/question/590

    I HAD the same problem . . . . That is until I started holding conversations with the kids who would use my lawn as a short cut. Initially, it was just a few 'hellos ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment