Thursday, September 13, 2018

How Can I Get My Dog to Stop Dribbling Pee?

Odds are, you and your dog have a special bond and a loving relationship. While this is an appropriate and healthy relationship to have with your dog, it can cause some issues. Because your dog loves you so much, there is bound to be some over-excitement at times upon seeing you. With over-excitement comes dribbling pee. There are some simple training methods that you can use to get your dog to stop this habit.

Instructions

    1

    Come home calmly. Your dog might dribble pee when you come home because such strong emotions are held. When you get excited, your dog will get excited, too. This makes dribbling more likely.

    2

    Ignore your dog when you come home if being calm is not enough. Go about your routine ignoring your dog. Once your dog is calm, then you can give a quiet pat on the head.

    3

    Praise your dog once it is calm. However, you still need to remain calm yourself. A treat and a quiet "good boy" works well. This positive reinforcement will help your dog learn that being calm is behavior that you want.

    4

    Avoid using punishment or negative reinforcement to correct a dog dribbling pee. Your dog may not even be aware of this occurrence, and punishment is not effective with dog training. In fact, it can create more serious and difficult behavioral issues with your dog.

    5

    Schedule an appointment with your dog's veterinarian if the problem continues. The cause of the problem could be urinary incontinence, which is often seen in older dogs, sprayed and neutered dogs, and female dogs. Urinary incontinence can be treated with medication.

    6

    Follow the specific plan for giving your dog the proper medication, which is usually once a day for a short while, and may continue for a matter of weeks, or even a lifetime, depending on the age of the dog and the severity of the condition.



  • Is There Something I Can Give My Dog So That His Urine Doesn't ...

    www.ehow.com Home & Garden Garden & Lawn Lawn Maintenance

    Nitrogen in dog urine can burn a lawn, resulting in unsightly dead patches often with a ring of taller, green grass around the perimeter. The key to preventing lawn ...


  • How Do I Get My Dogs to Stop Peeing on Patio? - Mamapedia

    www.mamapedia.com/article/how-do-i-get-my-dogs-to-stop-peeing-on-patio

    How Do I Get My Dogs to Stop Peeing on Patio? My dogs are peeing on our patio directly outside our door to the house. There used to be a doormat there, and that is ...


  • How can I stop my patio smelling of dog urine? We have three dogs ...

    uk.answers.yahoo.com All Categories Pets DogsLast updated: Apr 27, 2008 28 posts First post: Apr 25, 2008

    Apr 25, 2008 Best Answer: um... leave the dogs in the house and not in the yard all day long? Try Natures Miracle. It works. ... A nice high-pressure wash with your own ...


  • How can I stop dog pee making my grass yellow.? - Yahoo! UK ...

    uk.answers.yahoo.com All Categories Pets DogsLast updated: Feb 19, 2008 21 posts First post: Feb 18, 2008

    Feb 18, 2008 Best Answer: put pepper on the grass and no dogs will wee on it again regards x kitti x ... The Ammonia n the dogs urine is why the grass is killed of.Lots ...


  • How do I get my puppy to stop peeing in her crate? - dog

    ask.metafilter.com/114388/How-do-I-get-my-puppy-to-stop-peeing-in...

    Feb 16, 2009 Housebreaking is going great...except my puppy keeps peeing in her crate! Help!


  • How can i stop my dog from marking my house? Please help me ...

    ask.com All Pets & Animals

    How can i stop my dog from marking my house? Please help me!! 16 month old Yorkie, pees and poos outside for the most part, i praise him and give him treats when he does.


  • How can I get my adult dog to poop where I want, when I want ...

    ask.metafilter.com/74863

    Oct 28, 2007 A week ago, I adopted a 1-year-old lab mix. I live in a townhouse/apartment complex. I do not have my own yard, but there are plenty of


  • ANSWERED: How can I get my dog to stop biting me? Funadvice

    www.funadvice.com/q/my_dog_2655

    How to I get my dog to stop biting me? I play with her all the time, do you think that's the problem? and If you bite your dog on the ear will they listen to you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment